Summer fruits ice cream
|Whole Milk||120 ml|
|Whipping Cream / Double cream||300 ml|
|Caster Sugar||125 gr|
|Summer fruits||500 gr|
Depending on the season you can either buy fresh fruit or a frozen fruit bag, this ice cream consist of Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, and Redcurrants.
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat on the hob then pour in the Milk and Cream. Bring up to simmering point whilst stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 75g Caster Sugar with the 4 Egg Yolks until thick and pale.
- When the Milk and Cream are simmering, remove from the hob and slowly add to the Egg Yolk and Sugar whilst slowly whisking.
- Pour the mixture into a clean saucepan over a low heat on the hob. Continuously stir for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened up and sticks to the back of a wooden spoon. Do not heat too quickly otherwise the egg will scramble!
- When thickened, transfer into a heatproof bowl and leave in the fridge to cool thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the summer fruits flavouring by blending a selection of fruits 375 gr until smooth.
- Pour 50g Caster Sugar in with the summer fruit puree then stir over over a medium heat until reduced down a little and it’s thick and syrupy. Then transfer to a heatproof bowl and leave to cool thoroughly in the fridge.
- Once everything is cool, pour the custard mixture and summer fruit mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker. Choose the desired hardness setting for your ice cream then start the machine.
- When it’s almost ready, in the last 5 minutes, mix in 125 gram of chopped fruit in the ice cream mixture.
- Once the machine has finished, scrape the ice cream from the bowl and paddle into a freezer proof container. Leave to set further in the freezer if required, then enjoy.