|Garlic gloves, finely grated||6|
|Olive oil||6 tbsp|
|Dried oregano||2 tbsp|
|Zest and juice of lemon||1|
|Leg of lamb||2kg|
For the potatoes
|Charlotte potatoes||1 kg|
|Sprigs of rosemary||2|
For the sides
|Purple sprouting broccoli||300 gr|
|Kale, though stalks removed and roughly torn||150 gr|
- Marinate the lamb the night before. In a bowl whisk the garlic, olive oil, oregano, lemon zest and juice with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Place the lamb in a large roasting tin and pierce the flesh all over with the tip of a sharp knife. Pour over two-thirds of the marinade. Rub all over, into the little holes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Place the rest of the marinade in the fridge for later too.
- Preheat oven to 240 conventional/220 fan. Add the rest of the marinade to the roasting along with the potatoes, sliced lemon and rosemary. Mix everything in the marinade and spread out around the lamb.
- Place the roasting tin into the oven for 15 mins, then reduce the heat to 180 / 160 fan and cook for another 45 mins for blushing lamb. Turn the potatoes halfway through.
- Remove the lamb and potatoes from the roasting tin, keeping them warm. Let the meat rest while you cook the greens. Add the broccoliand kale to the roasting tin, tossing them in the cooking juices. Place in the over for 15-20 mins, or until the broccoli stems are tender.
- Serve the lamb alongside the potatoes and vegetables
Cook1 hr 30 min
Share & Print
← Previous Indian Chicken curry by Niki
Next → Crumbliest scones