Cranberry turkey pizza
|Whole-berry cranberry sauce||1 jar|
|Clementine grated peel||1 tablespoon|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||As much as you like|
|Brie||1/2 a piece per pizza|
|Shredded cooked or baked turkey||200 gr|
For the company Christmas party I was asked to make some pizza’s, cranberry / turkey to be more specific. I would usually not make a pizza with turkey and cranberries so I had to think about the recipe since cranberries and turkey don’t go well with tomato sauce.
So I came up with the following instead of the tomato sauce I should be using the cranberries as a sauce. I bought a jar of whole-berry cranberry sauce add some grated clementine peel, olive oil and used that instead of tomato sauce.
- Make the pizza as described in my recipe for making pizza’s here: Pizza recipe or buy a ready made pizza crust.
- Pre-heat the oven at 220 degrees
- After your pizza dough is ready use the cranberry mixture to spread over the base and top with the grated mozzarella.
- Spread the turkey over your pizza, spread as much as you want.
- Place the brie on your pizza and also top the turkey
- Spread the union over the pizza and top again with some grated mozzarella
- Place the pizza in the oven for about 9 minutes or until you see the cheese is melted and the crust starts to be brown.
It actually is really nice, better than expected from my end so I would say: Enjoy!