Courgette and Tomato Tart
|Pack ready-rolled puff pastry
|Green olives, marinated in olive oil
|Medium courgettes, sliced
|Baby plum tomatoes, halved
|Goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6. Unroll the pastry and score a line 1cm (½in) in from each edge with a sharp knife, being careful not to cut all the way through. Put on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 15-20min. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whiz half the rocket with the olives and a little of their oil in a food processor or blender to make a rough paste.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the courgettes and blanch for 3min. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly rub the pastry with the back of a spoon if it has puffed up in the centre. Spread over the olive and rocket paste and top with the tomato halves and courgette slices in alternating stripes.
- Return the tart to the oven for 10min until golden. Serve garnished with the remaining rocket.
If you like goat cheese it’s great to crumble on top before putting it in the oven.