Chocolate ice cream
|Dark chocolate (70%)||100 gr|
|Full-fat milk||300 ml|
|Free-range egg yolks||3|
|Whipping cream||300 ml|
- Brake the chocolate into pieces, then place in a heavy-based saucepan with the milk.
- Heat gently, stirring, until smooth, then remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks in a bowl until pale and thick. Stir in the cooled chocolate milk, then strain back into the pan.
- Cook the custard over a gentle heat, stirring all the time, until it thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Don’t allow the mixture boil or it will curdle.
- Pour into a bowl and leave to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooled, whip the cream into soft peaks, and fold through the chocolate mixture.
- Churn in an ice cream machine, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until it’s frozen.
Share & Print
Next → Aardappelgratin